Thursday, April 29, 2010

TeacherTube,Music and Powerpoint



Music is a universal language and I would certainly apply it in the classroom as an effective pedagogical strategy in Chemistry,Biology and Science in general.In Biology it would be essential in illustrating dissections without it being messy or gross.In Science as shown in the example above it would be used to summarise topics such as the water cycle.This is an excellent example as it meets the needs of students with different learning styles.The Power point allows the student to become involved in the activity by singing along and the simplicity of this video means that other special needs students for example the ESL(English as a Second Language)learner can participate.This is the exact scenario in my classroom.I intend to use this video or create a similar one on a different topic so as to illustrate to the students as they will have to create a Presentation as part of the Relate-Create-Donate project on Biodiversity.Creating a song that is going to be part of the presentation will be a great.
Below is an example of a PowerPoint that I have been working on in the last two weeks.Yes, two weeks! I used Picnik to find pictures that could be used in the presentation. I'II be supplying this information to the students to use too, in preparing for their presentation.I am so glad it is not going to take them two weeks to do it but minutes.Flicker was too tricky for me so l prefer Picnik for choosing and editing photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment